The Hi Vis project is for current and former, unpaid male carers in East Devon. This is run by Action East Devon.
Hi Vis can help you:
- Leave your caring responsibilities behind for a while
- Get out, meet people and make new friends
- Try new activities with others in the same boat
- Have a break and enjoy yourself
Hi Vis does this by:
- Helping build local connections among male carers, both current and former
- Connecting you with existing activities in your community
- Developing new activities just for male carers
- Raising awareness of male carers' needs with other services and providers
Why Hi Vis was set up:
- 42% of unpaid carers are male - unsung heroes!
- Male carers are less likely to ask for help or support
- They can feel 'on their own' with their caring responsibilities
- All carers need a break to stay healthy and happy - good for you and the person you care for
What will you join us for?
The Hi Vis programme currently provides and links with activities in and around Seaton. Hi Vis activities will also be available in Honiton later this year.
As a new project we really want to hear and learn from you about what you need. Contact Angie on (01404) 549045 or email@example.com
See the Action East Devon website or Hi Vis Twitter #hecarestoo for more info.