Given the developing situation regarding Covid-19 we have taken the difficult decision to suspend the Hi Vis service as of Friday 27th March 2020. This decision has not been taken lightly but we have to do everything we can to reduce the risk to our clients, their cared for, our staff and volunteers; and to do what we can to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. Please be assured that this is a temporary arrangement and as soon as the government advice on social distancing changes we will reinstate the service. Should you require information about local support services please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for us on 01404 549 045.
Please take care and stay safe.
The Hi Vis project is for current and former, unpaid male carers in East Devon. This is run by Action East Devon.
Hi Vis can help you:
- Leave your caring responsibilities behind for a while
- Get out, meet people and make new friends
- Try new activities with others in the same boat
- Have a break and enjoy yourself
Hi Vis does this by:
- Helping build local connections among male carers, both current and former
- Connecting you with existing activities in your community
- Developing new activities just for male carers
- Raising awareness of male carers' needs with other services and providers
Why Hi Vis was set up:
- 42% of unpaid carers are male - unsung heroes! • Male carers are less likely to ask for help or support
- They can feel 'on their own' with their caring responsibilities
- All carers need a break to stay healthy and happy - good for you and the person you care for
What will you join us for?
The Hi Vis programme currently provides and links with activities in and around Seaton. Hi Vis activities will also be available in Honiton later this year.
As a new project we really want to hear and learn from you about what you need. Contact Angie on (01404) 549045 or email@example.com See the Action East Devon website or Hi Vis Twitter #hecarestoo for more info.